Thursday, March 1, 2012

What gets you going in the morning?

"We'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not." That is a tongue twister my second grade Waldorf class used to say. We also used to start the day with a verse which started "The sun with loving light brightens for me the day." The Dalai Lama says to start the day hanging out for a few minutes in bed doing the "death meditation". That is to consider that there is a possibility that today could be the last day of your life. What would you want to do, whom would you see, what would you say? And then proceed to live the last day of your life everyday.

I basically think about coffee and simultaneously run through thoughts like those above - very quickly. Then I bumble the best I can. Life seems to require a little forgetfulness, a little hopefulness, a little courage. It is often nature that gives me the boost I need. Do you have that experience?


No comments:

Post a Comment