Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Beautiful Day!

Last night I made a decision that will be a relief to you and certainly was a relief to me. I decided that I have had enough of trying to figure out, evaluate, make sense of the expat community and the thousands of evangelicals who are coming here. I am done. I am enjoying everything I enjoy and letting go of my self imposed role of political analyst.

I felt a little embarrassed at how consumed I had become. I am satisfied with my thinking process. There is no action I can take to make anything better or easier for anyone. I am done. I felt instantly lighter. Always a good feeling.

Then, This morning who should come to the door but Jehovah Witness guys. I smiled through the iron gate. I said that I was always surprised that people want to convert Christians to Christianity. He said that there was no motivation inside them to convert anyone, they just wanted to spread the good word. I watched them lie. I smiled and said I was a Buddhist. They fled in fear of contamination.

And I still felt all right. I kept my cool. I still might not keep my cool if I see evangelicals taking money from the very poor. But there it is. Change the things I can and let go of the things I can't change.What I can change is my head and my heart.I don't know people's stories. I don't know people's karma. But I do know that once I get going with the critical thoughts, I am inviting the same into my life. Ya Basta! Enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment