Saturday, September 19, 2015

Brilliant Idea for Today. Presidential Candidates Must Pass a Few Tests

I am not really a fan of testing. I like Waldorf education where the notion scarcely comes up until the higher grades. But today while taking my walk, I started to remember presidents who had no college degree. Then I started to remember highly ignorant presidents who had college degrees. How about Mitt Rommeny who has very fancy degrees and states that the world is only 6,000 years old. Wow. And Presidents who never had a passport because "we have everything here in the USA. Who needs another country?" George 11.

Then I thought about candidates such as Sarah Palin who did not know that South Africa is a sovereign country, not just southern Africa. Then I started thinking that a person needs a college degree to teach first grade. You need a college degree for almost any job, and if a college degree doesn't mean you have an education, there should be a way.

I think it is time to give rigorous tests to anyone who wishes to be a candidate. I think a world geography test is in order. I think a US History test is in order as well as ...say, the history of the Middle East. I think a fundamental human anatomy and how the body works is important. (For those "you can't get pregnant in a rape" kind of men. I think a test on the fundamental principles of world religions might be in order. I would like to see an understanding of the constitution test. You get my drift.

Then, if the candidates can pass the test, I would like to see a buzzer that shuts off their participation in the debates the minute they give out false information. Like, every time they say "We are the richest nation in the world." Just not true. I know this could get fuzzy when they say stupid stuff like "We would have won the Vietnam War if we had stayed the course." That is just a pandering opinion. But full out lies presented as facts, time to put an end to that.

Maybe one or two foreign languages should be in the test. We are probably the only country on the planet that has presidents who only speak their native tongue.

I would be happy to provide my input to any tests. I do think it might possibly clear the field of candidates who are too ignorant to be president or who are using ignorance to gain approval. Another brilliant idea from Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment