Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Want Happiness

My daughter said today that she was reading or listening to some Buddhist teaching about Happiness, (aren't they all?) and it broke down the simple sentence, "I want Happiness." Well, the "I" is ego. Not necessary, in fact, an impediment to Happiness. The "want" is about desire, in fact, it really implies lack. To the subconscious the message is certainly "lack". So the mantra that was being proposed was "Happiness." She said that saying that word over and over brought a smile to her face.

I like simple. Happiness. I like the thought that uttering a word can bring a smile to your face. Happiness. I like the idea of a meditation making you happy. Happiness. I like that my daughter is teaching me Buddhism. Happiness. I like smiling. Happiness. I like the fact that the mantra is in a language I am familiar with. Happiness.

Then she expanded, and mentioned that by saying "Love" over and over, she started to feel an increase in her sensation of love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Happiness. Happiness. Happiness. I am smiling. I hope you are also. I wish you much love and happiness now and forever more. Happiness. Love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jules! I was walking in the sunshine today saying LOVE LOVE LOVE PEACE PEACE PEACE HAPPINESS HAPPINESS HAPPINESS OVER AND OVER!

    ReplyDelete