Friday, January 11, 2013

many comments coming at me, consensus: I was wrong.

My readers were very quick to tell me almost unanimously that I was wrong to think that it takes two sides to create an asshole. The consensus is  that there are objective assholes, and there are books and studies to prove it.

I hold my ground. I am a purist. I also have to agree with the Buddhist philosophy that you can't be sort of pregnant. Either you are or you are not. If a jerk keeps showing up in your life, even the guy next door who plays his music too loud, you have some karma about noise. Check your karma.  I have mentioned before that Lama Marut says that smoking does not cause cancer. If it did, then everyone who smokes would get cancer. Karma causes cancer. The very same karma that causes your cancer, may cause you to smoke thus creating something that looks like cause and effect. So, I hold my stand that if everyone who meets or knows a person does not think they are a jerk, then we have to look at ourselves and figure out how to let go of our karma that makes that person seem like a jerk to us every time.

I was an asshole to my sister Mary time and again when we were kids. Mary was very quick to temper, and reacted physically. She would shove, or strike out. I was very clever with words and able to be much more subtle. I used to quietly say something to Mary as I walked behind her. She would hear my provoking words and jump up and be really mad at me. My parents would both call her out on her bad behavior and send her to her room. I would sit there innocently gloating. I was a real jerk, bully, ..all that stuff.

Don't dislike me for this, I was a kid, but I still have to curb my mouth when it wants to show off its power. Sometimes I am so righteous, I can't stand myself.

2 comments:

  1. Just like your idea and belief system in karma, other people have their own whether its experiential. When you/anyone can come to an understanding in yourself to accept that all the bad things experiences, and people who come in your life was somehow , you're own karma0- thats not an easy thing to Accept. Takes a lot to do that.
    You/anyone has to first accept that reincarnation is real. Because if youdont, you wont accept the indiscriminate effect of past causes.

    Acceptance of this life and previous is huge. You cant force that understanding on anyone. You are certainly allowed to have it yourself.and hurt you or

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half a thought there. To acceot that people who have hurt you, is somehow a result of past causes or actions on your part, well that is not something anybody is able to see from their own perspective.

    I too was hurt very badly by my brother, more than I thought I deserved. As he died a few months ago, even though I was a child maybe if I had tried to be more of a friend rather than an enemy things could have been different. Yes I was a child too. This is kind of crazy (on my part) because I remember him trying to drown me as we were toddlers in the tub, him two years older. So it started very early. But I still think, we had been reincarnated together as brother and sister, because of past life experiences , together. He is gone now. Just a thoght, maybe its time to clear and finish that karma with Mary?

    ReplyDelete