Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why Would Anyone Want Hillary to Run?

I believe she flunked her major tests. She voted for the Iraq War. I believe she knew, much more than the 15,000,000 people world wide who protested the war, that it was built on lies. I think she made a self-serving political gamble. I don't like politicians to gamble with destruction. I don't want to have to listen to her justifying her vote with more lies. I also think she was a lousy chief diplomat. She seemed to be rattling her sword every chance she got. I understand that she was serving the President, but I also think she was trying to look tough. She was out-thatchering Margaret Thatcher - also a self-serving posture.

I know a lot of people, women especially, who want a woman elected at any cost. I don't. I want the first woman president to be the right woman.

I can't believe I am already discussing this. I am thinking about it because of today's anniversary of the start of the war. I just looked at the small number of Senators who risked all to say "no" to this ongoing insanity. They were pretty courageous given the pressure that was brought to bear on them. I guess I'll never feel the same about democracy since I heard Bush 11 say of the world-wide protests that he didn't care what the people thought. He was "the decider".  Whaaat?

 Sad memories. And new sad memories being created everyday over there and at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment