Friday, April 6, 2012

GOOD FRIDAY

Why is Good Friday called "Good Friday"? Seems like a misnomer, but perhaps we need to look again at our personal crucifixions. What about Christ's forty days of agony in the desert? It might be possible that these times of soul searching agony and our little deaths on the crosses of our lives are the important times of our lives. I don't want to sound like a Pollyanna, but maybe we have created a wrong world view. Perhaps these are the real thing that leads us to be truly human. Is it possible that we deny ourselves the Resurrection and the Light by masking or drugging or counseling our way out of life's agonies?


I am a fan of the wounded healer. I never wanted a midwife who had never had a baby to attend my birth. I don't want a therapist who has never had an issue. I look for the person to guide me who has triumphed over his/her challenge.


In this light perhaps the Easter story is a perfect archetypal road map for healing. The myth, the story, tells of betrayal (could be the body, the mind, the spirit, the will), totally alone dark night of the soul, the dying on the cross, (who doesn't have a cross to bear?) and the resurrection. Born anew. Rise from the dead. Rise from the ashes. Pure light. Kind of cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment