Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Haven't Forgotten You

Just happen to be in Costa Rica with much of my family and my trusty little ACER computer has a grave aversion to the heat and humidity here. Last October it didn't work when I was at the beach here in CR and again this time no sirve. I know I need no excuse for not writing when the waves are calling me, but I do miss our conversations. Mostly I have been thinking how beautiful life is. And how brave we all are.

Today a gecko was on our car window and clung all the way to a restaurant and then moved an inch or so while we ate and clung for dear life all the way back to our house. When we got home he took off. Now how does that work?

How do the monkeys know to walk on the special monkey wires over the road and not on the electric wires? Because the monkey wires are blue?

I remember the day my 9th grade biology told us that "ontology tends to recapitulate phylogeny" and I never got over the word "tends". either something works or it doesn't. Is it possible to conclude that geckos "tend" to take the round trip? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment