Monday, October 29, 2012

Si Dios Quiere

My son's maid in Central America writes a note saying when she will show up for work the following week. She ends each note with "Si Dios Quiere". And it is pretty astonishing how often God doesn't wish for her to show up. Now, God must be extremely busy arranging everyone's work schedule and everything else about billions of people's lives.

That was a little tongue in cheek, however, just as I was going to write that I am going to Nicaragua tomorrow for the winter, the thought came to me "God Willing". Is it past hauntings from other trips? Is it kind of like knocking wood? I don't know, but I have a lot of experience with things that don't work as planned. I don't fear them as I once did. But, there is always a bit of dis-ease as I launch myself into the unknown. At the same time, I get a little excited. All sorts of cool things can happen when plans get 'adjusted' by the universe.

I'll check in when I get there. Where ever 'there' turns out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment