Wednesday, November 7, 2012

blogear



Blogear: To blog
Election night on Ometepe volcano in Nicaragua. No, I mean it is election night in the USA and I am on Ometepe Volcano in Nicaragua. No internet seems to work here tonite. No surprise. We have seen no other people from the US, so no one is holding his breath waiting to see who got the fix in in our elections at home. I just realized that I’ll know in a few days and it won’t make any difference.
We read today that each candidate spent a billion dollars. Good work guys! We also read that the entire election cycle cost about 6 ½ billion. That is the same as the GNP of Nicaragua. I would say that “it makes you think”, but that thought is followed by no thought. So, I guess the true sentiment is “It doesn’t make me think. “ Facts are fun, but this one doesn’t take me anywhere.
It might be interesting to find out in the next few days exactly how many votes in Florida or Ohio or wherever actually made the difference in this election. Then we can figure at 6 billion dollars how much those deciding votes actually cost per. It is possible that if we were more scientific, we could have just paid a million or so to those voters who made the difference and made a few people very happy and saved us all the torture of the prolonged election cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment