Saturday, September 21, 2013

My favorite movie for a rainy day.

My favorite movie for a cold rainy day is Gandhi.
  • Gandhi
    1982 Film
  • 8.1/10-IMDb
  • Gandhi is a 1982 epic biographical film which dramatises the life of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the leader of India's non-violent, non-cooperative independence movement against the United Kingdom's rule of the country during the 20th century. Wikipedia
    Release date: December 6, 1982 (USA)
    Awards: Academy Award for Best Picture, More

  • Cast
    Ben Kingsley (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Ben Kingsley
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Candice Bergen (Margaret Bourke-White)
    Candice Bergen
    Margaret Bourke‑White

    Martin Sheen (Walker)
    Martin 

    I can't believe that it was made 30 years ago. For me, this movie has it all; great story, great filming, great acting, great scenery and so on. It leaves me inspired. I love the combination of how a very personal story of an evolving person interacts with the epic story of civilizations. Where is the Gandhi who will illumine the way from our cultural violence to our society of Brotherly Love?

    What is your favorite go-to movie or book for a rainy day? I'd love to hear what does it for you? My movie used to be Gone With the Wind. Then it was Pretty Woman. Weird.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment