Thursday, June 28, 2012

"IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE - SET THEM FREE"

That is the dear Lama talking again. I showed my four year old grand daughter a picture of the Buddha the other day. Then she picked up Lama Marut's new book, A Spiritual Renegade's guide to the Good Life, and saw his picture. "Who is that?" "Lama Marut".

About a half an hour later, she started telling me a story about a man who walked in the mountains and saw some llamas and asked if they were the Buddha and the llamas ran off and she met Lama Marut and he didn't look like the other llamas and he told her where the Buddha was but she was too tired so she went to sleep in the field with the llamas.

Holy shit! I think I have found my guruji. Isabella.

So, even on the subject of the Buddha or Christ or Mohammed, I think that "If You Love Somebody - Set Them Free". When we find a path, we often put even the holiest of souls right into a stone coffin and then carve in granite our limited, tenth-hand version of whom they might have been. Then we fight wars  to defend our bit of granite. It doesn't sound quite right.

We all want freedom and love and happiness. We probably should give heaping portions of all three to everyone, especially to those closest to our hearts. Isabella and I put dollars in a box to feed hungry children in Oakland, CA today. The teenagers collecting money blessed us for our offering and said it would all come back to us tenfold. Bella said she couldn't eat that much, (tenfold). But she got twenty fold from the smile she was given. She kind of glowed a little brighter  as we walked back to the park.

I think that's about all it takes, folks.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you that is awesome. I hope to meet the little Buddha someday :)

    ReplyDelete