Sunday, June 17, 2012

Seed Bombs

Louis was telling me about guerrilla gardening. All over the world people are planting gardens in empty lots in cities and towns. I like that. When I heard mention of Seed Bombs, I looked up them up. I liked the idea before I knew what they were.

You take a small biodegradable bag and put some compost or natural fertilizer in the bag with some soil and some seeds and a bit of water and tie off the bag. Food seeds are the idea. I like using  something hearty and vitamin filled like red leaf Swiss chard. The whole thing is the size of a soft ball. Then you fling these seed bombs over fences into vacant lots or drop them along walls or sidewalks. Many grow. Many propagate.

These bombs are being tossed all over the world by underground gardeners. Something so simple, something so cheap, something so good for the earth and her people: How could we not go out  and toss a few?


No comments:

Post a Comment