Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Bad Karma

Trying not to make any new bad karma sometimes makes me look like a softy. The deal seems to be about keeping eyes of compassion at all time.When I hear racist remarks, I feel angry. When I look at the racist, I often see fear and jealousy and a need to be better than others. Those are things I don't often experience. So, I can transmute my reaction into compassion. It must be terrible to feel fearful. When chief Joseph said "We will fight no more, forever." some thought he had caved in. I read that statement as he had a new powerful determination based on an understanding that fighting wasn't getting the result he desired.

The sense of superiority of North Americans when they scoff at the bribery system here (which is changing because of anti-corruption laws) completely ignores the colossally advanced system in the USA led by corporations, lobbyists, and the military industrial complex. The great crime of Edward Snowden was shining light on what is going on. We must make him the criminal, not the people he exposed.

Suddenly yesterday the Hotel Granada swimming pool was full of young people. Karen asked some kids what they were doing here, "We are teaching these people about Jesus." Funny concept in a Catholic country where everyone has a strong relationship to the Church. They are here to teach that the Catholic Church is evil, worships statues, that Christ was a blond blue eyed white bread, jello mold eating kind of guy who hates Muslims, and thinks everyone should carry a gun and so on. The Nicaraguans call it "The Third Conquest" First the Spanish, then the USA, then the Evangelicals.

Chauvez is dead. The price of fuel has gone up. The new pope is awakening many to new thought. The under the radar activities like human traffic sales are coming into the light. Things are changing and changing fast.

In Thailand, I was let down my hair and felt very free. It is fun to be anonymous. It is fun to have shining peaceful Buddhas everywhere to remind one of the possible perfection of man. The glorious, joyful images of inner peace were uplifting

It is an adjustment to see images of Christ suffering on the cross everywhere. It is uplifting to see the Holy Mother who is so beloved here. It is weird to see the evangelicals trying to do away with the lovely statues. I grew up Catholic and never worshiped a statue. I love statues of Buddha but do not worship the statue and I even understand that The Buddha statue is not the God.

Here it is confusing. And it is very unclear who is funding these kids. Very likely the Koch brothers. The motivations are buried. We need an Eduard Snowden right here right now.

I am practicing the practice of loving the sinner and detesting the sin and not getting involved in much of anything. All this being said, I am content here now and each time I come back, The standard of living seems to be improving for all. Can we say this about our own country?  Have we whipped the pollution problem? Have we whipped the food problems? I, once again, think we first need to clean our own house before we 'instruct' others on how to live.


1 comment: