Monday, September 3, 2012

OK, I'll Vote for Obama

OK,  I'll vote for Obama - for very few reasons. I certainly won't vote for him because I think he is a good or interesting politician. We have so little choice (two anointed candidates -only two parties for this great big country!) and I am pretty sure the election is rigged once again and I am positive that with the money involved, we have little to do with anything that happens, in any case. But I will vote for him because of the overt anti-gay and racist shit that the Romany people are shoveling. It is so awful. It just isn't any good. I really wanted to vote for someone or something that I believe in. Once again, I vote for the slightly worse candidate. But, when pompous arrogant white males start in with Mormon/ Christian rules about what marriage is and what a woman can do or can't do with her body, and prehistoric views on the roles of men and women, I cave.

Imagine a Mormon telling us about marriage when a few years ago they, not just allowed, but encouraged creepy old men to have a multitude of child brides. I just can't get a good feeling about that. And can you dig or have you dug any of the Mormon views on other races? Not cool. Really ugly primitive stuff.

Obama's foreign policy is violent and deadly, but perhaps slightly less violent and deadly than nuking Iran would turn out to be if Romany gets his dream. I hope so.

1 comment: