Sunday, April 7, 2013

Does it matter where your body is?

Meditating with Oprah and walking with Michael Moore have made me realize how little it matters where my body is. When I meditate, listening to Deepak's voice, I am  with him and Oprah and probably a million other people. There is no specific time or place to undertake the venture. Does the spiritual world care about our time and space concepts? I don't think so. I felt very united with others. When I decided to accept Michael Moore's invite to walk with him for a half hour a day, I was pretty cynical about it. I walked anyway - had for years. But thinking of Michael does two things for me. I love the idea that hundreds of thousands of others are taking this half hour a day to walk together and I have very stimulating conversations on my walks with him.

It sounds a bit nutty, but I think that is how Spirit works. We can go to any time and any place in our inner space. That must be how great writers write about past time, even cavemen times. That must be how people can write books about the future that turn out to be compellingly close to reality 50 years later. When I saw Garrison Keeler tell his Lake Woebegone story one day, it was my perception that he put himself into a bit of a trance and was actually, in his mind's eye, walking down the streets and seeing the houses and people and churches. It was brilliant.

Is this the same energy that works in the power of positive thinking? I don't know. There is something different about manifesting compared to envisioning. I have to think about this. What I do know for sure is that the stronger our connection with Spirit is, the more fantastic openings come our way.

It is very easy to lose this connection when we most need it. I think of Corrie Ten Boon who kept her connection throughout her devastating experiences in concentration camps during the Hitler genocide. Her relationship with Christ brought love and joy to others in the worst imaginable situation. That she was so special was inspiring. I suspect that we are all that special. We just have to remember that we are spiritual beings first and material beings second. Just that and nothing more.


2 comments:

  1. Did you ever read 'Clan of the Cave Bear' by Jean Auel? I think she was from your Oregon way. I don't know if she is still alive. What a book. Herbal medicine and mind connection exploration with the earliest of our species is so prevalent. Shes a genius. Just reread that book and need to find the others in the series. I recommend it great read reminiscent of this post. The universal consciousness we share as humans, as a tribe, we share chemistry and many of us are closer in like mind threads than others. In my work I hear many ideas for projects all the time. It always happens that we will hear 3 at a time around the same idea. Like those individuals are tapping into a stream of consciousness in the universe.

    ReplyDelete