Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Will Not Give Up!

How does Noam Chompsky do it? He sees the world. He knows more about what is happening than almost anyone alive on the planet. He makes connections down to the date and time of things that happened in Latvia or Mongolia seventy five years ago, not to mention every other country on the planet, yet he still ends every talk with his view that things are getting better. His reasons that things are improving on this planet for most of humanity are real and well put together arguments. I can't do that. If I get into how messed up things are, I start to go down the tube.

I know from personal experience that addictions are tough business. Our collective addiction to power and money and stuff are really going to be hard to break. I hope that the climate change troubles will be our "rock bottom" and we can work together to make Chompsky's optimism come true.

Some of the non-scholarly interpretations of the 2012 end of the Mayan Calendar speak of the world population coming to a moment of choice in every aspect of our lives. Will we chose the healthy, loving, environmentally friendly, peaceful path, or we we self destruc? You know my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment