Friday, December 7, 2012

Several Readers Offer me Help

When I speak of my mental anguish or anxiety, many of you offer your thoughts. They are extremely helpful especially as I am having that feeling that while I am surrounded by people, I am alone. This is kind of always true, in my experience. The gist of every piece of advice is to stay in the present and be grateful. In Vipassana Meditation (Insight Meditation) you are taught to go into your pain. Sometimes this is too hard. Mark Coleman, in a talk at Spirit Rock, teaches how to go back and forth between the suffering and a grounded safe place until you arrive at some objectivity and are safe deep inside of your pain and simultaneously free of it. I can dig this. It is the same thing my dear blog fiends are trying to help pound through my thick skull

I hope you enjoy this talk. For those of you in Northern California, Mark is speaking Monday night at Spirit Rock.
 
http://dharmaseed.org/teacher/115/talk/17769/

No comments:

Post a Comment