Monday, December 10, 2012

Sickening Feeling of Impending Doom, Part 11, the Mayan Link

Firstly, it is worth a read to check out the comment from Tahlia Iris on the original post of "Sickening". She describes how things are looking from her door in a posh California town. A town that smells of money and brains. She has both, but the dis-ease is still there. That is my restless feeling, that whatever we may use as the cause of our discomfort might not be the cause. Does that make sense? See if you relate.

 I want to add some thoughts that have come my way from other readers. Is this the Mayan thing? As we know, in our ignorance, the end of the Mayan Calendar is 12/21/12. This is not new news. Thousands of interpretations of this auspicious or inauspicious event have been offered. Depending on my mood, I go with a positive interpretation or a negative one. I can't believe that this date is not squishy. By that I mean, it is hard to believe that we are not already deeply into this change and that it will not continue for a while afterwards.

The most logical interpretation of this event that I have read is also a bit squishy. I have read that  it is the time of a cosmic choice in consciousness between turning towards the Light or going towards the Darkness. This is the BIG light or the BIG darkness. Will we continue to selfishly destroy Mother Earth, or will we put our all behind loving Her? Will we think of more ways to kill each other or will we put the same energy and money into caring for each other? That kind of choice.

Others have said that the earth's axis is going to make a shift with all the traumas that that entails. Well, I have read that the axis did make a shift at the time of the Fukushima earthquake. And on top of ordinary (!) Global Warming, we are feeling the results of that shift. Is there much more shift-wise to come?

But, in my experience, in my little cosmos, most everyone is feeling something around. Our job, as many readers pointed out to me is to stay steady, keep your eyes on the light, hold the course and be ready to be called upon to give a lot of love. Well, this is kind of a prescription for everyday.

I like it that the Mayan shift happens at the Winter Solstice. That is the moment when I feel the shift that means the light is conquering darkness. The shortest days are over. I love that Christmas and Chanukah are festivals of light. So, light up the candles, light the hearth, lighten up some kid's day, feed strangers, hang onto your hat and let's see what comes.

Muchas gracias to all you have written encouraging words. I take courage from you and your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment